Saint James the Apostle
CCW is an acronym for Council of Catholic Women. All women of the parish are members of the St. James CCW and there are NO annual dues.
The CCW meets on the second Sunday of the month, immediately after the 9:00 a.m. Mass in the adjacent Church hall. We have six local parish meetings per year in the months of February, March, April, September, October and November. We do not have meetings in the three summer months. Twice a year we meet with our CCW sisters at the deanery level: Joy in January at the Kankakee Country Club and the Spring Institute each June. In May, the men of the parish prepare a breakfast for the women of the parish and their guests at the Mothers and Others Annual Breakfast. Each December, our women enjoy a casual, relaxing evening together for the Women’s Christmas party.
Our officers serve a two year term. Officers for years 2017-2019 are:
President: Mary Peerbolte
Vice President: Reatta Gohlke
Secretary: Jennifer Hansen
Treasurer: Martha O’Connor
Some of our recent activities include:
- Collecting school supplies and winter hats and gloves for needy children in our local area
- Collecting food and paper products for local families who need a helping hand
- Making rosaries for the missions
- Serving funeral dinners (the men, too, help us with the funeral dinners)
- Supporting the Diocesan “Undy Sunday” project
- Participating in the International Catholic outreach “Boxes of Joy,” to provide Christmas gifts for children in poor Central American countries
- Maintaining the parish Prayer Line for those requesting our prayers